Monday, January 16, 2012

POVERTY AND ILLITERACY: A PATH WAY FOR HIV #CrowdOutAIDS


Oh! What a mournful paradise
I have made the world to be
It’s a paradise that suits my plan;
It wasn’t my making, I was a lonely strange
Coming to town, I saw many paths, all marked with names.

I saw wealth with his twin brother education
I knew from instinct, they won’t be of help to me.
Gazing up, I saw two twin road marked poverty and illiteracy!
Before I could even approach them, they beckoned me from afar!
Come take a smooth ride with us;
If you were in my shoes what will you have done?  

There and then I met one of my life long comrades
They have been of great assistance to my cause,
They have made me stay longer than planned,
Spread faster and almost get to 1/3 of the world population.

Oh! Poverty and Illiteracy, how I wish you remain for life
So that my mission to make the world dissolute is achieved
Please help me talk AWARENESS to keep quiet,
Because she is ruining my plans
Let economic reforms and life skills development knows
They can’t out mask me, so they should keep quiet.
Each day, I wake up, to see more people being faithful
More youths trying to use condoms properly or delay sex until marriage
I just keep asking poverty, why do you leave awareness alone? Seize his funds!
Oh while are you allowing life skills letting off my hook, many young people
That would have been my victims if they have been let to continue with unproductive lifestyle.

How I wish you could see my expression right now,
Not to be like an ungrateful friend,
I need to appreciate your efforts (Poverty & Illiteracy)
You guys are doing a great job in the third world countries and developing Nations.

As it stands now, my stay can only be threatened, if kings and princes of this Nations
Wake-up to the fact and their responsibility of caring for their poor subjects
If those aware, learned and elite joins hands with their kings to bring knowledge
To their subject, only then will my exist be eminent
And if I don’t leave town completely,
I would go to the back burner like every other epidemic that was in town before me!

(This poem was first written in 2002 Oni, Isaac for a CRN competition) 

No comments:

Post a Comment